"My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth." - 1 John 3:18
Truth and Love. This encouragement from 1 John, and our summer theme may be one of the clearest explanations for the power of camp to impact lives. Where else do kids have the opportunity to hear truth from God's Word, AND see love displayed minute-by-minute in new friendships and the example of counselors and staff? Where God's Word doesn't end at chapel time, but is expressed in reminders throughout the day, and lessons about kindness, forgiveness, and courage experienced by the lake, during archery or at the zipline? God has called His people to love each other beyond simple statements, in the way they live their everyday lives, and in accordance with His standards.
During the month of June our leadership team is praying, preparing and learning; ready to be these examples of God's Truth, and to pour themselves out in love to our staff & guests this summer. Please be praying for our team as we seek to fulfill this call to love in deed and truth at Rock Mountain!
- We are so thankful for the commitment of our leadership staff team, and their willingness to serve in so many necessary roles this summer.
- Praise God for the many church leaders and staff that bring their students to camp each summer, and for the life-changing experience they provide for so many children & teens.
- We are thankful for several key improvements that allow us to better serve our guests this summer: an additional camping cabin for the family campground, new dining room chairs, structural repairs to "Main Street" and fresh coats of paint on almost every door at camp! We are thankful to have the opportunity to provide an excellent experience for our guests and campers as we serve them.
- Pray for Christian Stronghold Church, Mini-Camp, Jacksonville Chapel, Newark Baptist Church, Praise Christian Church, Oasis of Grace & Sparta Evangelical Free Father-Son Retreat all kicking off their summer at Rock Mountain!
- Pray for our Leadership Team & Service Staff members as they train and prepare to begin serving at camp, that they would stay focused on what God has called them to this summer.
- Pray that God would continue to orchestrate the many last-minute details necessary to serve guests & campers.