This past weekend was the first of two THAW Youth Group Weekend Retreats at Rock Mountain. These retreats, for middle school and high school youth groups, are always an awesome opportunity to minister and connect with local churches and students. The name itself--THAW--is more significant than just a reference to the theoretical warming and melting that should happen in March. Rather, it is a reference to our prayer for these weekends; that God would use them to melt hardened hearts and soften and deepen a love for Him. The theme verse, Ezekiel 36:26 says, "And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. The faithful promise of God to His people is reflected every weekend at camp as we and the speakers present the truth of God's Word and the work of Jesus, and students have the opportunity to respond and have their heart changed. Thank you for your prayers and support of camp during the past three months. Please continue to pray with us for those who responded to God's gift of a new heart and new spirit while at camp this winter retreat season!
- Praise God for a great first THAW weekend! It was our biggest winter retreat this season, and we are thankful for the many students and leaders that had the opportunity to hear from Gods Word at camp!
- We are thankful for the help of Parker Hill Community Church students and their service to us through a work day this month.
- Praise God for the opportunity to connect with new neighbors and friends at our Winter Fun Nights in February. We had many people join us for these two evenings, and many were first-time visitors to Rock Mountain!
- Pray for THAW Weekend #2, Fairview Village Church, and Faith Heritage, holding their retreats this month.
- Please pray for several key summer leadership positions to be filled and for God's provision for staff for the 2017 season.
- Pray for endurance and energy for our staff team as we serve our final three weekends of a busy retreat season!