The words we use and how we use them can sometimes communicate something we don’t want or in a way we did not intend it. Here are some words taken from actual church bulletins; be careful what you write!
- Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa will speak tonight at Calvary Church. Come tonight and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
- The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to conflict.
- Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the church choir. They need all the help they can get.
- The senior choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What the Hell?” Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- Don’t let worry kill you, let the church help.
- For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- Potluck supper Sunday @ 5:00 pm. Prayer and medication to follow.
- Low self-esteem support group will meet Thursday at the church. Please use the back door.
- Weight Watchers will meet @ 7:00pm at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use the large double door at the side entrance.
The lyrics from Hawk Nelson’s song WORDS:
They've made me feel like a prisoner
They've made me feel set free
They've made me feel like a criminal
Made me feel like a king
They've lifted my heart
To places I'd never been
And they've dragged me down
Back to where I began
Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out
Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You…
Our words do matter. Be careful and choose your words wisely.